Driving Tests won’t go ahead if the weather is bad!
Practical driving tests are not held in dangerous weather conditions, eg when the roads are icy. Candidates should call their test centre if there’s snow or ice in their local area on the day of their test. The video link below gives more advice on what to do.
If a test can’t go ahead because of bad weather, a new appointment date will usually be sent within 3 working days. This could take up to 7 days when the bad weather goes on for longer.
Candidates won’t be able to claim for any out-of-pocket expenses when tests are cancelled because of bad weather. However, the test fee is usually not lost and a new test day and time is offered to you.
If in any doubt about your driving test, contact your test centre and ask:
DSA Contact Details. Note: some practical test centres do not provide a direct dial direct telephone number. In this case, dial DSA Support on 0300 200 1122
- Cannock Practical Driving Test Centre. Driving Test Centre, Suit D ground floor, Commerce House, Ridings Park (off Phoenix Road), Hawks Green Lane, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 7FJ. Telephone: 01543 570 133
- Wolverhampton Practical Driving Test Centre. Spring Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV4 6JX. Telephone: 01902 496 285
- Lichfield Practical Driving Test Centre. Lower Sanford Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 6RB.
- Wednesbury Practical Driving Test Centre. Driving Test Centre, Knowles Street, Wednesbury, WS10 9HW.
- Stafford Practical Driving Test Centre. Unit 7 Greyfriars Business Park, Frank Foley Way, Stafford, ST16 2RF.
- Kingstanding Practical Driving Test Centre. 205 Birdbrook Road, Kingstanding, Birmingham, B44 9UL. Telephone 0121 360 4504
Driving in bad weather is dangerous – ask yourself “Do I really need to make this trip?”
Book Driving Lessons
If you have any questions or would like to book lessons please call 0800 566 8636 or complete the form below.
For more information or to book lessons please call
0800 566 8636