1. The Pupil should be aware that all Rio Driving School Instructors are Self Employed. Rio Driving School takes no responsibility for any payment made by the Pupil to the Instructor, as these monies are not paid to Rio Driving School.
2. The Pupil certifies that a valid driving and suitable license is held to drive the tuition vehicle. Pupils must inform their Instructor immediately if they receive any endorsements on their license during the period they are receiving tuition.
3. In the event of a mechanical breakdown or other difficulty outside the control of the Instructor the Instructor reserves the right to rearrange lessons at short notice.
4. A minimum of 48 hours notice is required to be given to the Instructor by the Pupil to cancel a lesson and should the Pupil fail to give such notice the Pupil may be liable to pay the full tuition fee.
5. A lesson is for one hour duration. If for any reason outside the Instructors control it is not possible to give a full hours instruction then any lost time will be added to a later lesson. It is the responsibility of the Pupil to ensure that this is noted on the appointment card.
6. The price paid for the driving test fee does not include the use of the car for the purpose of the test and any prior instruction. Therefore current rates will apply.
7. All cheques must be made payable to the Instructor and will only be accepted with a valid cheque guarantee card.
8. Payment for each hour of instruction should be made prior to the lesson. Rio Driving School reserves the right to change the hourly rate with reasonable prior notification to the Pupil. Conditions may apply to discounted first five lessons.
Lesson 1 Free, Lesson 2 £20.00, Lesson 3 £20.00, Lesson 4 £20.00, Lesson 5 £20.00. All subsequent lessons of one hour duration are charged at £27 for Manual Transmission. The total cost of “Pass Plus” – minimum of 6 hours is £180. Automatic driving lessons are exempt from the discounted first five lessons.
9. First five lessons only applicable to complete beginners to driving, i.e., no prior experience.
10. LEGAL LIABILITY
The Pupil should be aware that the Instructors primary objective is to promote road safety and in doing so, he/she may take control of the vehicle. The Instructor will make every effort to instruct the Pupil to the highest standard but can in no way he held liable for any errors that the Pupil may make whilst driving and not accompanied by the Instructor either before or after a test pass.
11. The Instructor will endeavour to teach the Pupil the correct driving skills according to the recommended syllabus issued by the DVSA, with the minimum number of lessons required.
12. Driving Tests may only be arranged with the prior agreement of both the Instructor and the Pupil.
13. Any complaints are to be dealt with in accordance with the ADI Code of Practice.
14. The Instructor is at liberty at his/her absolute discretion to refuse to proceed with a lesson if he or she has reason believe that the Pupil is in any way under the influence of drink or drugs at the time of the lesson.
15. The Instructor will accept no liability for accidents, injury or damage to any third party caused by the Pupil’s recklessness or negligence during a lesson.
16. The Instructor reserves the right to withhold the use of his/her vehicle for a driving test.
17. Prepaid driving lessons (including our introductory offer of 5 lessons for £80 and any block bookings) must be used within 3 months.